Teaching has always been a very noble profession in society. Teachers are the people who have broadened our knowledge and taught us very important lessons to become useful citizens of the country. Therefore, it is very necessary to show our gratefulness to them, which will help increase their teaching motivation and make them happier.
Valentine’s Day is coming. This holiday is an opportunity for us to show our affection to all the people we love. So, why not give your beloved teachers Valentine gifts to show your appreciation to them? Homemade gifts always express the sincerity and enthusiasm of the givers, thereby letting the recipients feel how they are cherished and cared for. Here are 12+ DIY Teacher Valentine Gift Ideas that we want to suggest to you. Let’s take a look and choose your best gift to get cracking on it.
Homemade Teacher Valentine Gifts
1. Chocolate Truffles
Who doesn’t love chocolate, especially on Valentine’s Day? It is such an old but gold gift idea for you to give to your teachers. Chocolate truffles with their silky and sweet textures and nice scent will definitely attract the recipient from the first bite. Also, you do not have to worry about your cooking skill because they are easy to make and do not require a lot of ingredients. You can make chocolate truffles as per the following recipe:
- Chop 454g semi-sweet chocolate then mix it with 180 mils of heavy cream. You may add a bit of coffee or any flavors that you like
- Melt the mixture and stir well till the chocolate is completely melted
- Chop walnuts finely then put them in the oven for just a couple of minutes
- Chill the ganache for 1 hour in the refrigerator
- Roll chilled chocolate into small balls then cover them with walnuts, coconut, a little cocoa powder, or chocolate sprinkles.
Check out the following video:
Making a scrapbook is a cute and creative way to capture memorable moments of your teacher and your class. You can draw funny cartoon characters, attach unique photos of your teachers and write lovely wishes that will make them feel joyful when reading it. You can refer to the following scrapbook making method:
- Arrange each layout with the most suitable images, materials and pages of the scrapbook
- Use a pencil to number, mark & make notes, draw frames for scrapbooks and photos that need to be pasted and decorated
- Cut, paste, tear and harmoniously arrange pictures and detailed decorative materials for each photo album page. Choose the best photos for your content that will tell a meaningful story
- Use springs, colored tape or ribbon to bind the scrapbook.
If you are still wondering what gift you should choose to make for your teacher on Valentine’s Day, why don’t you give colorful bracelet a try? It only needs simple supplies to get started and takes you only 3 hours to complete. You can consider giving it with a cute handmade card to express your thought clearer. Here are a few steps to make the bracelet:
- Choose two colors of the embroidery floss and cut two strands of each color approximately 50 inches. Put the four strands together, fold them in half and then make a knot
- Tape the knot onto a flat surface and divide the threads into two sets. You need to have two threads of each color on each side
- Make knots over strands and keep repeating that process until your bracelet is long enough to fit your wrist
- When you feel good about the length of the bracelet, make a simple knot at the end to secure your work.
4. Painted Mug
Another fascinating Valentine gift that you can give to your teacher is a mug painted by yourself. Mug is a personal essential item that we use a lot in life so that whenever your teacher drinks water or coffee, it will immediately remind them of you. A mug with your cute drawings is even more special and exclusive because you have put your heart and enthusiasm into it. Making a painted mug is quite easy, as you only need these following stages:
- Buy a white porcelain mug at online shops or grocery stores
- Use a pencil to outline the design you want to draw on the mug. You can stylize the heart shape or the word ‘Happy Valentine’s Day’ based on your ideas
- Use acrylic paints to draw on the mug.
- Wait for about 24 hours until the colors are completely dry
- Bake the mug at 350 °F (177 °C) for 35 minutes
- Clean the mug so that it can be used.
5. Valentine Card
Valentine cards with lovely messages will be one of unforgettable DIY teacher Valentine gift ideas that you can give it a shot. You can design the card inspired by a flower vase, which is absolutely brilliant and riveting. The card will convey the best wishes to your teachers and show them your love and gratefulness. You can also tell them how great and diligent they are as a teacher, and how lucky you are to be their students, to be cared for and taught valuable knowledge.
Valentine’s Day is the big chance for you to motivate your teachers and make them more optimistic after busy working days, so let’s spend your time making this incredible gift with us as follows:
- Cut white cardboard into rectangles. Draw flowers and leaves then stick decorative beads in the center of the flower to make the pistil
- Use another colored cardstock and cut it into a vase shape
- Glue the sequins onto the first cardboard, at the bottom of the vase
- Paste the color cardstock cut out in the shape of a vase to the first cardboard, so that it matches the position of the flowers
- You can punch 2 small holes on both sides of the vase and tie a string with a small tag that says ‘Made with love’ or ‘Happy Valentine’s Day’
- When you complete the decoration of the card, you can write your wishes on the other side of it.
6. Woolen Scarf
Cozy woolen scarves for the cold weather are truly a meaningful gift for your teachers on Valentine’s Day, showing how much you care about their health. Your teachers will definitely get touched by this thoughtful gift and feel appreciated. Even though knitting a scarf may take you a long time to get done, but I promise you will never get disappointed when completing it. Enjoy the process and imagine how surprised your teacher will be when receiving it, you will have more motivation to get on with it. You can start making the scarf by following these steps:
- Create a slipknot and put the needle through the slipknot. Tighten it up then cast on more stitches. You can cast on 10 – 15 stitches if you want to make a scarf with big width
- Start knitting the first row. If you are a right-handed person, you can use the left hand to hold a needle with stitches and the right hand to hold working needle, and vice versa
- Keep knitting until you are pleased with the length of your scarf. Cast off the stitches and weave the yarn tail into the scarf to make it look nice and neat.
You can watch the following video that is really useful for beginners to learn how to knit a scarf:
7. Crochet Flowers Bouquet
This is an interesting DIY teacher Valentine gift idea that you can not ignore. If you find the traditional flower bouquet too boring and not creative, we suggest that you should make a crochet flower bouquet that is cute and can be used as decoration in your teachers’ house. This adorable gift will make them extremely delighted and excited. You can follow these steps to make a beautiful crochet flowers bouquet of your own:
- Crochet each flower. You can make roses, tulips or sunflowers depending on your preference
- Fix each woolen flower to the stick. Roll yarn into each stick to create branches
- Wrap the woolen flowers in flower wrapping paper
8. Scented Candles
A scented candle is a meaningful homemade gift that you can choose on Valentine’s Day. It can help ease the nerves and bring a sense of tranquility to your teacher. In addition to giving a warm light, scented candle brings a gentle scent that makes the room more comfortable and cozy. Besides, making it is quite easy and does not require too many ingredients. You only need to have soy wax, candle wick, essential oil (any scents you want depends on your preference), glass container. Here is how to easily make scented candles at home:
- Melt soy wax in an autoclave
- Use a little bit of melted soy wax to glue the candle wick to the bottom of the glass container
- Add 8-10 drops of essential oil into the melted wax and stir well
- Pour the mixture into the glass container and wait until it solidifies
9. Custom T-shirt
What could be better than giving your teacher a custom T-shirt that you designed by yourself? This is sure to be a DIY gift that will fill your teacher’s heart with happiness. To have a unique T-shirt with meaningful messages, all you do is just:
- Buy a plain T-shirt (you should choose color that is suit to the skin color of your teacher)
- Use graphic design software like Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator to manually design impressive drawings that will be printed on the T-shirt for your teacher. You can stylize a heart shape or write nice messages (for instance: ‘Thank you for being the best teacher’, ‘You make my day’, etc…)
- Print the design on the T-shirt at home or bring it to a printing shop for the most professional support.
10. Painted Pot
Another interesting DIY teacher Valentine gift idea that we want to suggest you is a painted pot. Vivid pot with patterns painted by you will totally surprise your teachers. Also, painted pots will be great decorations for their home or working place, helping them relax and relieve stress. Moreover, the message conveyed through the drawing on the pot will remind them of how much you cherish and love them. To make these cute gifts, you just need to do as follows:
- Buy a pot of plant (with the easy-to-grow ornamental plants like cacti)
- Prepare acrylic paints and brushes, then draw on the pot whatever you want to show your love to your teachers.
- Wait for about 24 hours until the colors are completely dry
Dreamcatcher is considered a good charm that banishes bad dreams and brings good dreams to people. Thus, it would be a mystical DIY teacher Valentine gift idea that you can make to show your gratitude and best wishes to your teachers. Imagine how happy and surprised your teachers would be when receiving this gift, you will definitely not regret spending time making it. You need to prepare these ingredients: scissors, glue, wire hoop, waxed cord, feathers and decorative beads. Let’s get started:
- Wrap the leather cord around the hoop then tie a double knot when you get to the top. Make sure that you wrap it evenly and tightly
- Proceed to weave the mesh around the hoop of the dreamcatcher. This is the most important part of the product.
- In the process of knitting the mesh, you can add some decorative beads to it, but not too much because they will confuse the eye. Ideally, you should only give 2 to 3 beads to create a highlight for Dreamcatcher
- From the remaining knitting wire, you cut it into 3 equal segments, put the beads in it, and then glue or tie feathers at the tail. Tie these 3 strings in the middle and on the sides.
You can refer to the following video to clearly understand how to do it:
12. Glitter Keychain
Glitter keychain is another great DIY gift for teacher on Valentine’s Day that you should choose. Keychain is a useful item that helps us easily recognize our keys, avoiding losing them or getting them wrong with someone’s key. Also, glitter keychain is absolutely brilliant and your teachers will immediately be intrigued. To make this engaging gift, you need to prepare resin solution, silicon mold (any shapes of your preference), little stones, glitter, then follow these steps:
- Make the resin solution, then stir it for a few minutes and let the solution rest, wait until they harden to the right percentage
- Pour resin solution into the mold. Wait for about 1 day till it solidifies
- Use the tip of a pin dipped in black ink to write on the solution. You can write any messages that you want to say (for example: Love, Happy Valentine’s Day, etc…)
- Pour the next layer of resin solution on top of the old layer. Pay attention to making the solution spread evenly on the surface of the mold
- Put the little stones and glitter in the mold, with color and thickness depending on your preference
- Pour the last layer of resin solution onto the mold and wait till it solidifies
- Punch a small hole to easily hang it and use a sharpener to smooth it around
13. Solid Perfume
Solid perfume is also an awesome DIY teacher Valentine gift idea that your teacher will surely love. Solid perfume is slight, sturdy and easy to carry. Besides, their effect of emitting a scent is absolutely not inferior to normal fragrance. However, you should consider your teacher’s scent preference to choose the most suitable one. The type of weather is also an important factor that you need to notice. In hot and humid weather, you should choose a fresh scent like fruity smell, while in cold weather, a warm one like woody scent is preferred.
To make solid perfume, you only need to follow these stages:
- Take 1 tablespoon of petroleum jelly like Vaseline into the container (about 10g). You should choose a tin can to preserve the best scent.
- Put 8-10 drops of essential oil or your favorite perfume into the container and mix well. Use a small spoon to squeeze the mixture into the container.
- Let the mixture cool naturally or you can put it in the refrigerator to let the mixture solidify. So that you can have a jar of dried perfume with your favorite scent that is totally easy to use and creates a gentle and delicate body scent.
Also, you can watch the following video to easily visualize how to do it:
The DIY teacher Valentine gift ideas mentioned above are easy to make and will definitely surprise your teachers. Giving DIY gifts to the people you love is the direct way to tell them how much you appreciate them, so do not hesitate to get on with it.
We hope you will successfully make impressive gifts and really enjoy the wonderful process. If you want more unique gift ideas for your loved one, WanaTrendy always be willing to help you.